Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Everlost

I'm not a huge fan of fantasy. However, I read the book Everlost by Neal Shusterman. It is...kind of a fantasy. I don't know. However, it is a quick read. Took me two days, and as some of you know, I'm quite busy. Anyhow, I really enjoyed this book, even though it followed the fantasy recipe somewhat, it had an interesting twist. Instead of some fantasy land, (well, maybe it is...) it's a story about kids not quite alive and not quite dead. What happens is that they get lost on the way to the "light", and they end up in Everlost, condemned to exist forever. Very interesting. I enjoyed it, as it was a gripper, and it wasn't the usual 700+ page fantasy novel. (You've seen those, right?)

BTW, happy Halloween! Hope you guys have plans and have fun. However, if you are like me, that's fine, too. I'm just staying home, watching a pleasant boring movie, and going to bed nice and early to hopefully recover from a "trifling cold."

1 comment:

Joslynn said...

Your 'trifling cold' gave you a very good Katherine voice.
Thank you for coming over. It was fun to see you. I was dreading not doing anything for Halloween.