Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Random Ramblings...again

I had my first swim meet of the season today! It was amazingly fun, and I did rather well for a first meet.
The most interesting highlight of the meet had nothing to do with swimming. It was right after one of my races, and I was on the ground stretching. An old guy with down syndrome comes up to me and says, "are you sad?" and before I can reply, he has wrapped me up in a big hug. Later, while I'm still stretching, he laughs and asks what I'm doing. I said I was stretching, he gives me a big smile and walks away.
As I leave the pool, he sees me and recognizes me and a big smile lights up his face. He pats me on the back and walks away.
It actually made my day, even though I don't like being touched, even by friends...

5 comments:

Joslynn said...

Um... is there supposed to be a post under the title?

Nedge said...

yes, you silly! I pushed "enter" on accident after writing the title.
Maybe next time you should use your imagination! j/k

Brittany said...

That's really cool. You should let us know when your meets are, so we can come and see you swim too.

Joslynn said...

I'm trying... oh, how I try!
There are many hidden treasures in this world. Gold, and gems, and wonderful things that come in the shape of simple, everyday, people.
It makes everything worth it.

Joslynn said...

And I agree with everything Brittany said also.