Saturday, October 14, 2006

Laaaast Recruiting Trip

I'm on day two on my last recruiting trip! Yay! I come home early tomorrow! This trip was so far the best one, (key word "so far")...They had decent activities that were...appealing to me, and didn't force me to stay out 'til one or two in the morning. I was in bed by 10. Yay! (That's 11 Utah time) I've decided to list here and now the pros and cons of every college I've been to, and I hope it makes sense...

UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
Pros
  • Nice and close (TRAX easily accessible)
  • I like the education program there
  • I like the swim program
  • I got a good scholarship offer

Cons

  • Team doesn't know proper language or...behavior? skills...(drinking)
  • I don't escape Utah's "bubble"

BYU

Pros

  • Good environment
  • Pretty close
  • Decent scholarship offer

Cons

  • Don't get to meet very many people with...different backgrounds, you don't get as much of a taste of different cultures
  • Many of the teammates are married...and they have...three years of swimming to go...I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just...yeah.

WSU

Pros

  • I really like the team
  • I love the campus and location
  • Close to Rickcolletoscoppy
  • They let this really cool dog run around on deck while you practice...

Cons

  • Very far away from home...
  • Not as good of an educational program in the areas I want to study...
  • The swimming program...might not be challenging enough...(shh...don't say anything.)

6 comments:

Joslynn said...

It seems like you've got everything pretty well figured out, Nat. You can distinguish the pros from the cons, which is more than I can say at this point.
Now here comes the hard part: choosing which one to attend.
Uh-oh...

Melissa said...

A nice, well-deliberated list.
This is a nice dilemma to have.
Best of luck to you.

Joslynn said...

Oh, and 11:00? That's pretty good, because I went to bed at 9:30.
You win.

Anonymous said...

Natalie:
Joslynn has convinced me to comment on this blog. Well it must be that time of year because everyone seems to be in college mode. Everyone is anxiousely awaiting the ACT at the end of the month and visiting colleges. It is a hard decision I must admit but I agree with Joslynn you have figure it all out. I think that with whatever school you attend you will do excellent. You are by far one of the friendliest people that I know. And an excellent swimmer I hear. And an excellent water polo player. Good luck with your decision.

Joslynn said...

Okay, I'm responding to Brenda's comment on Natalie's blog.
Brenda, I am proud of you.
Natalie, your blog is amazing.

Brittany said...

Yay for TRAX! I hope they put me to rest in a TRAX car.