Sunday, October 08, 2006

Home again, home again...jiggitty jiggity jig.

Yes, I have come home once again from a recruiting trip. This one, however, was much more pleasant. But of course, every recruiting trip will have its flaws. I did not fit in with this group of people at all because they were just like (please excuse my expression...it's my honest first impression and thought) preppy Bingham high school girls. They all wore the trendy clothes. They all wore makeup. Their hair was perfect. They all talked about boys (or in many cases), or their husbands. That wasn't all...one of the activities was shopping at the University Mall, oh my! I was perfectly and immensely bored. I do have to admit that it was very nice not having to plug my ears or eyes.
The highlight of the whole weekend? Comedysportz. This awesome place down in Provo. It's a live show, with two teams and a referee. They play different games for different points, but they have to use suggestions from the audience. All of it was very amusing and enjoyable. I believe that Doyle and Jos and I will have to go one day. (The best part? It cost only eight bucks for a 1 1/2 hour show! Sweet!)
All in all...I didn't get offered as much at BYU. This is going to be one hard decision to make.
Do I want to be in a great environment, live inconveniently away from home and not really fit in?
Do I want to be in a crappy environment, with easier access to my home (TRAX), and hopefully make a difference?
Do I want to go some college no one has ever heard of, and escape this decision?
Now that you've read this pretty pointless post, please get back into your own life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nedge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joslynn said...

Whoa Nat, that was harsh. Nice work.

And you've changed your blog... a lot! I feel rather lost...

As for the college thing...I don't know what you should do, and I won't give you any advice for fear that it would even further estrange us. I am living with the lonely mentality that I will be attending college by myself. I can't! I can't do it!
All I can say for you is that you should do what makes you happy. In other words, don't go to college at all, and eat chocolate all day with me!

Nedge said...

Jos- I'm lost too. All I did was "copy and paste"...Change a phrase here, change a phrase there...and I'm lost.

Joslynn said...

Hey! That's more than I can say! At least you did not wail in frustration when you saw all that HTML gibberish... at least you tried to make something of it.
Kudos! Bravo! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

My friend Ben, he went to BYU, and he got greatly influenced by the partying and high amounts of sexual activity. He's now an alcoholic with three children and no wife. Figure that out.

Brittany said...

Natalie, I've never seen you threaten someone so. I'm quite shocked.

As to the college thing, you, like the rest of us, are on your own. Just remember, some school's are not all they're cracked up to be, and other schools aren't that bad. I figure there will be good and bad people and things no matter where you go, so just go with it.

Ben, what are you doing reading Natalie's blog?

Joslynn said...

I'm still advocating the, 'let's just not go to college' thing.
At first I thought it would be nice to join the peace corps, and then I realized that you needed a college degree to do that.
Do you know what this means? I'm going to have to make a decision.
Blast!

Melissa said...

Nedge,

I've now attended both of the aforementioned universities. All I can say is: it's all about the attitude.

BYU's just like any other University--you find what you're looking for. Yeah, they're a lot of people who fit the stereotype, but there are just as manyother kinds too. They're just less annoying so you don't see them at first. (Remember, the Comedysportz folks are likely cougars as well) I sometimes wished I'd been a little less critical. I made some great friends there, and I have fond memories of the place.

As for the U, my experience is new and limited. However, I still think you find what you're looking for. Sure, there aren't many people who share my beliefs in what is a very liberal dept. here, but I've met some cool people. And I really enjoy attending institute with my sis. She's in a sorority, and she digs it.

That's probably not helpful, but I wish you the best of luck. Maybe you'll end up somewhere else entirely. I'm just impressed you're such a hot commodity. Whatever choice you make will be the right decision. Cheers.