Sunday, October 01, 2006

Two Observations on Humans

Yesterday I had the wonderful chance to go to a sold out game; University of Utah against Boise State. I believed that it would hopefully be a close game. Boy, was I wrong. As Utah was being killed, I had the opportunity to glance around and look at the spectators, 75% of whom weren't even watching the game. I can't figure out humans. Do they support a certain team or sports group, so every time that team wins, they can scream and chant at the other team's fans? As I left the game after third quarter, all of the Boise State fans were waving us out, screaming, swearing, and who knows what else at us. Some U fans were flipping off the Boise fans, or yelling back. Amusingly enough, as I watched all this in silence, these sports fans reminded me of monkeys. They were all messy, couldn't even figure out how to throw away their garbage, screeching, jumping up and down, making ruckus...they simply reminded me of howling, screaming monkeys. I will never become some obsessed sports fan, chomping on a few wieners, gulping my XXXL coke, and screaming and yelling with my mouth full, and being plain annoying. I will never become the kind of person where if my team wins, I'll be "in your face," or when my team loses, I'll simply become unbearable to be around as I give every kind of excuse possible, including the ol' "They lost because Pluto isn't a planet anymore" excuse.

Yesterday, I also had the opportunity to go to the Pie by the University (of Utah) yesterday. Sitting at a table on my right were four people, all very drunk. Yes, they paid lots of money to buy fermented wheat juice, and then to gobble it all up...so they can act like idiots. Yes, my views on beer are sour. The ugly colored drink with froth on the top just isn't appetizing. People who drink it to "have a good time" confuse me. What's so great about throwing up? Yes, you may be having a good time having your senses being befuddled, saying stupid things, and doing stupid actions, but soon enough, you'll probably be spending some time with your face in a toilet bowl. The last place where it should be. Whoever thought of drinking gross fermented wheat juice must have been a little crazy. (The pizza was GREAT, by the way. I wish I could've stayed there longer to observe human nature...)

P.S. These views are my own views, and my own views only. None of the people who I have put their links on the right are involved, blah blah blah. If you don't agree with my opinions, well, too bad, as I have made these opinions very carefully, with at least two years of study in the category involved. Please realize that I have nothing against monkeys, but I do have something against beer, as it assists in the killing of people on the road, but also assists the stupid driver in getting a weak sentence simply because he was drunk, it wasn't really his fault. Blast! Why can't we be like other countries who, on first offense of drunk driving take away your car.

11 comments:

Joslynn said...

Natalie,
There are definitely some people on this Earth who make me want to believe in evolution. I once went to a Grizzlies hockey game and the guy sitting behind me was completely drunk. He was dancing around like a big ugly monkey and I was praying in my head that someone would come by and shoot him with a poisonous dart or something.
I'm glad that you wrote this blog. Are you home?

Joslynn said...

Grizzly's.

Nedge said...

I am home as of yesterday at 7:00 PM. (I left early so I could see my g-ma.)

Nedge said...

are you saying that if humans evolve, they will act like drunk monkeys? Or become something smarter and better?

Joslynn said...

Huh?

Joslynn said...

I don't know what I was trying to say, as made evident by my previous post.

Joslynn said...

I guess what I was trying to say was that regardless of whether human beings are becoming smarter or more stupid some individuals have not fully evolved from their existing monkey-ish state.

Brittany said...

What country will take away your car just like that?

Joslynn said...

Germany.
Just kidding, I have no idea.

Nedge said...

Actually, Jos, you're right! It occurs in Germany, but I was wrong about the car thing. They take away your license on first offence.

Nedge said...

Actually, Jos, you're right! It occurs in Germany, but I was wrong about the car thing. They take away your license on first offence.