Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My English Teacher Makes Me Laugh

She seriously does. She is so awesome because she speaks to us students as equals and goofs around with us. One interesting thing that happened today in English (which I have for about three hours in a row...) . It was the five minute break between Literature and Language, so I ran out into the hallway, goofed off, slammed some sophomore's locker shut (I know them, don't worry) and walked back in. I started to go toward the filing cabinet in order to get my folder, but too many people were surrounding it, so I make a sharp military turn to the right and march to the dum-dum basket. (She has dum-dums, and you can take one whenever, she never seems to get ornery when you come up for the fifth time to snitch a dum-dum. I think today I ate about six. I'll probably be a brown-nose and buy her some more, as I feel bad.) Only to hear her laugh, as she has been watching me since who-knows-when. "You are so odd," she tells me. I chuckle. (I have never actually been called "odd". I have only been called weird, psycho, stupid, crazy, abnormal, etc.) Then she says, "I dreamed about you the other night." When I heard this phrase, I wasn't sure what to think. It isn't everyday that your English teacher tells you that they had a dream about you. She goes on to explain that she went to a "water polo meet" with me at the University of Utah, and that there were games going on, but I was swimming. She was trying to coach me on the butterfly stroke, and then she woke up. I show my amazement with a flabbergasted face. "Why in the world would you dream about me?" I ask. "Probably because you are so odd," she replies.
I love random days!

7 comments:

Joslynn said...

You are special Natalie. Why? Because I'm not even sure my English teacher knows my first name. Except when I mutter things under my breath and he says desperately, "Speak up! Share your comment with the entire class!"

Nedge said...

The simple fact as to why my English teacher even knows my name is because I always seem to sit in a desk that's in her face! ;)
I bet your comments on English are insightful and would amaze the whole room!

Joslynn said...

Yeah, right.
The only way to be known is to make yourself available.

Brittany said...

Jos, not only does Mr. Davis know your name, he knows the names of all your siblings, and he knows the name of where you were born. And thanks to me, he'll be prompting you to speak out more often. Bwahahaha.

Brittany said...

Natalie, that's cool about your English teacher. Dum Dums are the best!

Joslynn said...

What did you say to him, and since when were you so buddy-buddy with Mr. Davis?
It is a slightly strange that he knows so much about my family.

Lauren said...

I can totally hear her telling you you are odd. That is hilarious!