Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sadie Hawkins

This years Sadie Hawkins was the funnest dance I've ever been to (with a date). The only flaw was that no one would listen to me about my ideas about the day activities. They just...thought one up two weeks ago like this: (We were in the showers after practice) "We need to come up with a day activity, come up with some ideas." I leave the showers to go get dressed while I contemplate fun ideas like carving Jack-O-Lanterns, then blowing them up. One of the girls run up to me five minutes later and says, "We're going to go to laser quest."
Laser Quest? I've never enjoyed laser games...I get to shoot people. Woo hoo. I come up with a variety of ideas, paint fights, the zoo, a hike--stuff that would keep us outside, and indeed, it was a glorious day yesterday. I actually got some people convinced to go to the zoo, of all things, but they decided to shoot that idea down with the rest of them. Laser Quest. My, my.
When we arrive at the place to play a blinding stupid game of laser quest, we were 16 people. The person at the front desk told us we had to reserve a game...wait, I thought they were smart enough to do that! But they didn't. So, we finally all got together, and, we can't play a game. I weakly suggest the zoo. Everyone scorns the idea. I like the zoo. What's so wrong with the zoo?
Anyhow...for the day activity, we ended up at some place called Playland, or something. It was full of huge blown up things you'd see at a carnival. All of them (or so it seemed) were reserved for 10 and under. We played around, and eventually played tag, for which we got yelled at. We lasted 45 minutes for 20 dollars. Joy.
For dinner we had Panda Express "cater" us, and we each paid twenty dollars. I was slightly frustrated, because if we went to the place itself, everyone could have gotten what they like, about 12 bucks per couple. Instead, we had huge buckets of white rice, chow mein, fried rice, orange chicken, and sweet and sour pork.
The dance was interesting. Our group for some reason just couldn't dance. Everyone was just standing around in little groups, looking very awkward. That's when I had the brilliant idea of...foot tag! It was a very amusing sight to behold, because the person who was "it" and whoever they were chasing, were often running around to the beat in dance-move type steps. Only, really fast. It was very amusing. The only way I can somewhat properly describe it...it reminded me of a Russian dance.
My partner and I enjoyed it. We danced fast to the slow dances, and danced extremely fast to the fast dances. How fast? you may ask. So fast that my neck feels like it has a whip lash.
Then we went and had some pie, played a quick game of mad gab, then we went home. I'm very glad it didn't drag 'til one o'clock. I was snugly home at 11:45 after dropping off a few people, and I was glad.

Next time, I hope to have more voice and be more in charge. I doubt it will happen though, as the girls have put it, "I have less experience in dates and dating." He he. I don't care.

5 comments:

Joslynn said...

Hey, you have more experience than me.
It sounds like you had fun, even though you didn't go to the zoo. I'm glad!

Lauren said...

I agree about having more voice. When I went to dances, I was never really the leader of the group, which I really wanted to be. I love to have fun, but I don't like to spend money on it. The most fun things are sometimes the cheapest, but the people I hung out with in highschool, like to spend, spend, spend. Oh well, I still had fun.

Nedge, how do I put links on my blog?

Brittany said...

FOOT TAG! Beautiful, beautiful foot tag. I'm so jealous I wasn't there to play. Way to utilize the sport!

Whatever happened to the paint idea? Were the girls a bit too HM?

Melissa said...

Hey, I like the Zoo.

Joslynn said...

And foot tag is a sport mind you. I know this even though I am always excluded from the game because of my shoes.
Blast it all!