Monday, October 02, 2006

Les Miserables

mmmmm...the musical that got me started on musicals. Les Miserables. I finally got the entire collection of songs from the library, not just the highlights, which I own. It is such a magnificent story and musical. I seem to love and go for the musicals that have meaning, have insights on human nature, on people, how they think, what happens to them in certain circumstances. I love each character, and their place in the story. I just wanted to let you guys know my love for this musical, and someday I hope to read the book. I'm very excited that they are going to be performing Les Miserables at Pioneer Theatre in April. I'm buying tickets!!!

5 comments:

Joslynn said...

I too love Les Miserables. It is basically the only musical I know, and the only one to which I own the soundtrack. I also have a special regard for the book... it is one of my favorites, for it is enduringly beautiful.

Brittany said...

I feel kind of left out. I've never seen this musical, or read the book. Everyone says both are really good. I'd like to know how I've successfully avoided them for so long. What's wrong with me? I blame environment.

Joslynn said...

The book is remarkable Brittany, but it's quite the novel... over one thousand pages.
But I think you should read Voltaire before you start Hugo... he's a million times over more lighthearted.
Oh but we do love Victor... his writing is gorgeous in ever sense of the word.

Joslynn said...

Call me again this week if you ever have a moment and we shall commence conspiring.

Brittany said...

I don't like the sound of this. At all.