Thursday, October 11, 2007

Midnight...fun?

I never explained exactly what kind of practice last night's (or should I say this morning's) practice was...

We were told to arrive in our suits, tennis shoes, and with our egg that we've already been carrying around for a few hours.
Greg announced to us that our egg cannot be padded, just all by itself. We have to do everything with the egg, and we can't let it touch the ground.
We then proceeded to run around the Huntsman Center at midnight, in just our suits and tennis shoes. Very chilly. Then we did a bunch of hard dryland including (but not limited to) pushups, jumping jacks, bear crawling backwards uphill, crabwalking backwards downhill, jumping over people (I landed on someone, and they used that as an excuse to not have to run today and such...I got landed on too! Come on!), sit-ups, etc. (Please consider...we have an egg in our hand the entire time)

We then got into the pool and started swimming with the stupid egg. By now, I'm very, VERY tempted just to toss it aside so I can get my technique right. As it turned out, I should have. But didn't.
After some...interesting experiences with the egg, (alright, I confess! It's very hard to keep up with everyone else when I'm the only one swimming with the egg in my hand, since everyone else has theirs in their...*cough*suit*cough*. I joined the crowd, stuck it in my suit...it slipped all the way to my belly-button....didn't crack though!) Greg informed us that the egg represents our egos. Apparently, we haven't been training as well as we could have, because one large (or small) thing is holding us back: our ego. We're more concerned in keeping our ego safe than having perfect form when doing push-ups and such.
Uh...you told us to keep that egg safe! Otherwise...I would've ditched it a looooong time ago.

Then we worked out hard.
Then we were excused to go home.
Unfortunately, it's hard to fall asleep after forcing yourself to wake up and workout in the middle of the night...
I probably got about...3 hours of sleep last night.

I'm anxious to go to bed tonight, since I have two swim meets this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess thats whats wrong with our chickens. They too keep their egos very very safe. Nice seeing you today, very nice and we made it to the T

Joslynn said...

What a nasty trick! I thought the egg would have a purpose. The egg is your ego... psh!

Brittany said...

Hunting down the big D? Not a bad idea...just kidding. Definitely not worth our attention or concern.

Tanner's Tales said...

Good job at your meet. It was fun to come watch you swim. Sorry we couldn't stay till the end. Keep working hard and get rid of the huge egg you have :)