Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ay, me.

If, somehow, during practice, you cut yourself, or something starts hurting and spitting blood, do not go to the trainers for a band-aid.
I somehow cut my elbow on the wall, and I waited til after practice to ask for a band-aid, since it was still bleeding, and the cut was on an area of my arm that's always sitting on my desk.
The trainer told me that I should have come to them immediately when the cut occurred, and that waiting til after practice was not a wise idea. She goes through a lot of trouble of cleaning the wound, and bandaging it up...all I did was ask for a band-aid!
And now she wants me to come to her before next practice so they can tape it up before I get into the pool.

How many years have I been swimming? Many. How many times have I cut something in those many years? Countless. How many times did I get it bandaged before swimming? Never. Even the time I face planted into the concrete and had a huge scab on my forehead and nose? Nope.

I hope to sneak past her tomorrow. It's the tiniest cut in the world!

Ay, ay, ay. I've learned my lesson.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

they probably don't want any of your super blood in the pool. Others may see it instantly disappear and realize just how much chlorine exists in the water and how everybody is slowly but surely disappearing.

Lauren said...

You need to remember, these trainers are traind in first aid, and they know what they are doing. They just want you to be as pain, and infection free as possible.

Anonymous said...

and--there may be some sharks from the sharks and minnows left over in the pool...

Rick Edge said...

Cute cutlery causes countless cuts. Create cookless creations, crazy!

Norda said...

Hey Natalie! I saw your profile in my blog and I wanted to say hello!!! I totally enjoy your blog! You are hilarious! It's interesting to read about your experiences in college...isn't it really a different world outside of high school? Just wait till you get married and have kids! Ah life is wonderful! You are awesome! Oh, and the post titled "low", I remember feeling similarly my senior year of high school...hence one of the reasons I chose not to pursue the sport into college. Seriously, anyone who is in collegiate swimming is a descendant of SUPERMAN or something! It takes so much not only physically, but mentally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. Congrats to you for working so hard! My only advice, follow the Spirit...it will never guide you astray!

~Norda Barrowes (used to be Gardner!) Or I was also known as "Ozzie's sister" Ha ha!