Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How to build a hut

Well, I've grown very desperate for sleep.
My roommate and I have very different lifestyles. For example, I have to get up at 5 AM for practice. She has to get up at 9 AM for class.
So...she doesn't usually go to bed til 11:30, 12:00.

So, my friends' suggestion?

Build a hut around my bed.

I have a good idea on how to maybe start it, a frame made up of PVC pipe... but then what? Drape fabric on it? Would it stand? Or would it just crumble?

Do you guys have any ideas?
(Besides slipping cyanide in her drink, which a COACH suggested.

6 comments:

Letty said...

Ricky should be in town tomorrow...maybe he can build one for you...I'm sure he and dad could whip something up that is nice and snazzy...maybe you could barrow the chicken coup and put your be in it...maybe then your roomie would get a clue.

Anonymous said...

OK--here is a crazy idea--TALK TO THE STINKIN ROOMMATE--Something like "hey-have you noticed that I have to get up at 5 every morning? Quiet, dark, no boyfriend time is now going to start at 9:30--go to the boy friend's room if you must, but this place will shut down." You could beat up your room mate and her boy toy without breaking a sweat...
just kind of kidding, sort of...

Rick Edge said...

Just set up a backpacking tent on your bed. Then have a cup of tea with sugar cubes. Build a fire to keep warm. Have your room mate drizzle water on the tent as you go to sleep so it sounds like rain...

Rick Edge said...

The roommate stinks?

Lauren said...

get one of those cool dark sleeping masks that cover your eyes.

Anonymous said...

if you don't have one of those cool dark masks just get a black bra.