Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scapegoat

Last night's workout was especially hard. And it was my night to get picked on by the Coach. Constantly yelling at me in between swims, and such.
This morning, we had our usual weight circuit. However, the weight trainer was ornery that morning, and if he catches anyone doing anything wrong, or not putting enough effort, we start that station over.
It was my turn to get picked on in weights today. "Everybody stop! Edge! You're not doing it right! This is how you're supposed to do it!" (And I'm mentally noting, 'Dang it! That's how everyone else was doing it...I didn't know!') And many girls send piercing glares in my direction. Later..."Everybody stop! Edge!...." He's always watching me. I see lots of girls slacking at other stations, being lazy...

And all I want to say to everyone glaring at me....

"baaaaaah!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow its fitting for you to be a goat. They are trying to teach the team that even the very best person and swimmer will be yelled at. Don't let them get the best of you, you fight back by being your very best and being proud of that. We love you

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, kiddo. We are all the goat at times. And-the other swimmers know that they are doing it wrong as well-they are just glad they are not being yelled at..

Anonymous said...

OK--I was stinkin mad--what are they doing getting after my little girl?!. So I took a bike ride and thought about all the times I got pushed to/beyond my limits in several areas of my life, not just sports. Looking back, it was good for me. At the time it stunk. Just have to grit your teeth, smile if you can, sweat a lot and do your best. Yeah-my ride was a fast one cause I sas a bit ticked.
Tomorrow or next week--someone else's turn to baaa!

Lauren said...

Nedgie Wedgie, I love you and I am incredibly mad at that weight trainer guy! Does he know you have one of the most amazing bodyguards in the Western U.S.? (A.K.A. Me!)

Anonymous said...

Is Jon still the weight coach?

Joslynn said...

He picks on you because you are a good swimmer and he wants you to work out all your endless potential. Hang in there.