Wednesday, September 19, 2007

English

My first "big" essay in English is due on Monday.
I found the story I wanted to write on, got it all organized, and made a fantastic claim.
Here's the problem: I've already written a smaller essay on this story. And for some strange reason, my Professor remembered my essay and some of the arguments I presented in it. And he felt inclined to bring it up during the lecture.
So.
He remembers my essay, I've already written on this story.
Maybe I will have to challenge myself, and look for something new in a new story.

I don't like to recycle when people are watching.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you are a recycle type person then you better not write so good that its memorable! I was a recycle type person in grade school. I was about the first third grader that read a book that was thick without pictures. It was called Furry. I used that book for reports throughout the rest of grade school and never really got much better at reading.

Anonymous said...

Reduce, reuse, recycle...You go to a libral university--they should appreciate recycling.

Letty said...

You could ask your professor if he would mind if you did it on the same topic...Maybe he would like you to elaborate on your previous claim!

Rick Edge said...

My first big writing project in college was in defense of viral rights. That's right, I didn't want smallpox eradicated because they are, in fact, living organisms.

Anonymous said...

In my experience, proffesors like to see your mind developing, and expect to see some arguments come up again in new papers. Talk to the proffesor if you don't have time to change everything, he'll encourage you the right way to an "A" which my theorizing may not.

Joslynn said...

Nedgie is very good at writing essays. She will come up with something extraordinary.