Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Accident-prone...AGAIN.

That, my friend isn't simple redness. That's a bruise. And the camera can't seem to capture it at its best...


Yes, today is one of my clumsier days. (I don't think I go through a single day without doing something clumsy...)
I woke up bright and early this morning, 5:24 to be exact. I got ready and started heading down to the pool.
There was a group of swimmers ahead, taking up the whole sidewalk. I didn't want to disturb them, being the pushover I am, and decided to go around on the grass.
Unfortunately, the grass was wet and soggy, so when I attempted to get back on the sidewalk, the wheel got caught in that little space between the grass and concrete. And I wiped out in front of a few swimmers.
I didn't care about the embarrassment. I was mad because I fell to my right. My left hand with the gash from running had healed quickly. But my right hand had a bruise, so it healed more slowly. It was just yesterday when I realized that I felt pain no more in my palm. But because I fell to the right this morning, my hand hit the concrete again. In the same spot. It's swollen.

Because of this incident, it makes me want to take physics. Then I could figure out how much force/weight/power? is behind that hand getting crushed into the concrete. I figure that I weigh so many pounds to start with, then the pull of gravity accelerates that, etc. etc. etc.

Anyhow. How was your day?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat---you need at least one week with just the normal aches and pains1 Try to stay upright for a few days!.. Do you need a little bell for your bike?

Anonymous said...

How about a big old horn?

Rick Edge said...

Doesn't Emily have a big bike horn you can use?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the horn is still around but the old blue flame with paint on it is hanging around!

Joslynn said...

Oh man! It looks pretty bad to me, despite the camera's flaws.
My day was terrible, thanks for asking! Hehe!

Lauren said...

So, I love bruises, or contusions if you will. That is an awesome bruise, but it looks EXTREMELY painful. I am going to cry for you!