Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rabbits!

One day I was riding my bike around campus, and lo, and behold! I saw something dart past my eye. I looked directly at it, and to my surprise, it was a cute small brown furry rabbit. Not knowing any better, I thought it was a lost pet, probably slow and tame like the one I once had.
So I try to catch it. Many passer-by gave me strange looks, shook their heads with a smile, and walked on.
The rabbit was impossible to catch.
So I gave up, assuming that it was probably going to have a sad, pathetic death. Like my rabbit.

The next day (today), I notice a rabbit hanging out by the elevator by the Legacy Bridge. It looked up and chomped on its grass.
Then I saw another one.

I asked around the swim team about rabbits. Many didn't know what I was talking about and thought I was pulling their leg. But a select few (very few) knew what I was talking about. And we got excited to recount our adventures among the rabbits.

Keep yer eyes peeled. There's lots to enjoy in life, if you move slowly and enjoy the scenery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess there are no german shepherds up there on campus. Or manybe the rabbits aren't little innocent babies in a cage. So who were the select few? Check them out they might be kindred spirits or something. Glad your're finding the joy before you because you know everything looks better on the other side until you are on the other side.

Old Warrior said...

See Lennie around there anywhere?

Anonymous said...

dad has a blog, he hasn't written anything yet but check from time to time. I t is www.grandpamusing.blogspot.com

Joslynn said...

Wild rabbits in Salt Lake City?
It's my happiest and most dearly beloved dream! Catch me a rabbit, Nedgie, and I'll be yours forever. (Buck teeth)