Sunday, August 26, 2007

Music 1010

I'm currently enrolled in a Music 1010 class, which is an introduction to music. It's the easiest class on the planet, and all you have to do is attend, and you get an "A." You could easily pass the class without buying the book. But I got the book (I have to give it back anyway, don't worry). It also came with 8 hours worth of...classical music from monkish latin chanting songs to Mozart to Handel to Bach to Beethoven to Chopin to Schubert to Brahms to Copeland to Ives to...etc. etc. etc.
Out of nothing to listen to (nothing on my itunes library on this computer), I started listening to the CD's. My favorites so far (by far) are Handel, who wrote the famous "Hallelujah" piece that always inevitably pops up in movies. I also love Musorgky's Pictures on Exhibition. I have about oh, 7 1/2 hours more to listen to, so we'll see how that goes....

Great, now I'm not only a science, math, and english geek. I'm now going to explore the geekiness of music.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you won't have that music running in your head incessently with unknown words

Anonymous said...

You aren't a music geek until you know where the music changes key.

Tanner's Tales said...

Changes key? What's key?

Lauren said...

Hey, I had a favorite composer when I took that class. That sad thing is that I can't remember his name. Let's see, he wrote some huge song about.....Spring? I don't know. Ahhhhhhhhhh, what was his name? This is going to bother me so bad. Bother, bother! Oh, I just remembered. My favorite is Vivaldi. Antonio Vivaldi.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say I took that class as well, and way too easily got an A. Why can't every college class be like Music 1010! Hey, Lauren, Vivaldi was my favorite too!!!! We must be related or something.

Joslynn said...

There is nothing wrong with classical music, literature, or film. Really!
Welcome to the club, Nedgie!