Monday, August 20, 2007

The Food

The food here at college can be quite an interesting experience.
My first experience dealing with food at the Heritage Center was for breakfast. I selected the scrambled eggs (you could've gotten hash potatoes too), the sausage (just one link. You could've gotten bacon with gravy), and the main entre was not your choice. It's just whatever they have at the moment. So I discovered that my main dish was to be...scrambled pancakes? Yes, scrambled pancakes it was. I discovered that the pancakes were quite crunchy, and so was the sausage, something almost unchewable because it was so chewy... then as I left, they had fresh french toast for all... I think I'll just get a simple bowl of cereal tomorrow.
Lunch, however, proved to be better. I got pizza, a huge bowl of fruit, and chocolate pudding. Much, much better. No complaints there.

Then came the student-athlete banquet at night. It was one of those meetings that want you to "get to know other people from different sports/departments." You're assigned a random number, and you get to sit at that table for the evening. Oh, joy. I was surrounded by a bunch of huge burly football players. And they are very, very easily distracted! Oh, my! But they were amusing to watch.
The food there was pretty good. Some kind of shredded meat in bbq sauce served on a bun. (For some reason I don't know what it's really called!) There was also fruit and other sides to eat.

But I think I made a very, very good impression on my new coach at that meeting. As I was stuffing my mouth with m&m's before the meeting, Ron taps me on the shoulder, and introduces me to Greg Winslow. Oh, my! The horror! All I could do was a muffled "plllsssdtameecha" he grinned, shook my greasy hand and walked away...
In fact, now that I look back at that darn banquet, someone would always start trying to talk to me right when my mouth was full...
gaaaah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your mouth wasn't full most of the time...
just kidding!

Tanner's Tales said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...enjoy it-it goes by fast. I know everybody says that, but it's true. I went and watched a USU soccer game the other day and I couldn't believe it's been four years since I finished playing! Have fun and don't stay out too late partying! jk :)