Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of college

Well, well, well.
My first day of college. It was quite interesting...and boring. I look forward to next week, because swimming will start right up and make my life hectic once more.
I got to sleep in, then I went to breakfast. Then I walked down to the Trax station and rode it to the stadium. From there, I proceeded to my music class. The first day was unbelievably boring.
But luckily, the Calculus teacher was a new one, an enthusiastic and funny professor. I enjoyed that class very much because we dove right in to the actual material and started learning. My favorite quote from that professor was when someone asked him if they actually have to buy the book. And he waves his hands around wildly and helplessly, and said, "well...books...are supposed to be read..." And everyone immediately started laughing with him, because he can't come up with a reason why we should even get the book, besides doing the recommended practice problems we don't even get graded on...
Chemistry was interesting because it seems like there were more than 200 students in that class. I arrived a little late, and almost didn't even get a seat. It caused me to feel a serious case of claustrophobia, something I don't ordinarily experience. Brittany waved her hands at me, and told me she has my phone. I didn't even realize I dropped it! After class I couldn't find her. So I still have no phone. Something I'm seriously missing, because it's one of the only ways I stay in contact with people over such a large campus. I just hope I'm not missing some mandatory meeting or anything...
I rode the Trax back, and hooked up the computer...to find that getting it registered at the library doesn't do the trick to receive the internet: I needed a certain cord I've never heard of. So I decided to be daring and rode the shuttle to the bookstore. (The shuttle is a lot faster than the Trax, I found out.) I bought the necessary cord, came back, and here I am.

So the worst two things that has happened to me are these: I lost my phone. (I still don't have it. I hope I find Brittany some day.)
And my roommate has a boyfriend that's over...all the time! Grrr...

4 comments:

Letty said...

Pooor nat! I did talk to dad last night and he sounded sad and lonely...hopefully in your busy schedule you will get over to keep him and mom busy too...otherwise you may had dad hanging out in your dorm room all the time...hey maybe that is a good way to keep the boyfriend at bay. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Nat, my two cents...tell your roommate that she needs to respect your space, and that means no boys. Tell her sooner rather than later or you'll have a lot more problems later in the year.

Anonymous said...

Nat--ball up right fist. Punch roomate's B-friend in the nose. Problem solved!
Glad your classes went well. Hope you enjoy your swimming mates. It's nice you are getting some time with Brittney. How have the meals been?

Rick Edge said...

Nice. College. Look out U of U.