Thursday, July 26, 2007

Swim Meet

I got the opportunity to swim the grueling and intense race known as the 400 IM. It's a combination of all four strokes, for 400 meters. (100 butterfly, 100 backstroke, 100 breaststroke, 100 freestyle.) And my dear coach told me this morning to go all out this morning, because we'll probably have a thunderstorm tonight, and the prelims will be counted as finals.
So I go hard as I possibly can. I got a decent time, only 3 seconds off my personal best time. I'm content with that. What's more, I got first in the prelims!
Come night. I swam a leg of a relay, the 200 free, 100 breaststroke...and the clouds are getting closer and closer and closer.... but not close enough soon enough. I had to swim that dern 400 IM again! So I race as hard as I can, and it hurt so bad...but I went a very good time! My personal best time in three years! Yay!
"Girls, get out of the pool right now! There's lightning, and...clear the pool now!"

Ugh...even though I was praying for that storm to be here before the 400 IM, I'm glad it didn't. It was worth the pain to get a best time.

The storm was pretty intense at Kearns, but once we hit about 90th, completely dry. Three soaked bodies in a soaked car on a dry road....

But just now? The storm finally came here! (That never seems to happen...)

2 comments: