Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Hairy Pottah"

I told everyone that I'm not really into this last book. I'm tired of the same plot and formula used for fantasy series. An ordinary person is pulled into an extrodinary world, and they are the ones to save it from evil. Their mentor dies, someone evil turns good, and lots of characters die, and then good finally prevails over evil, and everyone (that's left living) lives happily ever after. Woo hoo!

Yesterday morning, I was driving to work, perfectly free from the Pottah world. But then I saw Harmon's. And I couldn't resist. In all of five minutes, I walked in, found the book, waited in line, and bought it. After work, I was plunged into the final (and concluding) book of Harry Potter. I read and read, only to take some short breaks.
Finished around one last night.

All I can say is, "I knew it!" Most of my predictions and musings that I made since reading the sixth book came true.

I could've done without the epilogue at the very end, though. It took away some of the effect. I would have enjoyed imagining what the future would've been like, but Rowling doesn't allow us to think about that. She'll tell you.

So, Pottah fan or not, I'm just very glad for a conclusion. And a confirmation that most of my suspicions were right.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

And that's why you left Emily's party early?

Nedge said...

Nope.
Emily kindly splashed a gallon of water on my ear. I had to rush home to see if I could save me hearing aid.

Joslynn said...

Hey! I liked it!
Though... I agree about the "nineteen years later" chapter. It was slightly... well, I won't give it away to any real Potter fans.

Joslynn said...

P.S.
I like the new photos! They're adorable.