Sunday, April 01, 2007

FAILURE

That's what I am. A failure! Maybe I should learn from my brother, and stow soaked toilet paper in a cooler and chuck soggy toilet paper balls at cars.
I attempted to go chalking last night. "Chalking" is where people take chalk, go up to a friend's driveway, and draw pictures, tic-tac-toe, etc. Ring the doorbell, and you're off. Simple as that.
Last night wasn't so simple. The victim's mom knew we were there...and started turning on and off the lights to scare us away. Unfortunately, Jos wanted to finish her picture, so we went back. We ran away only to go back two-three more times. Unfortunately, in our last flight, my keys flew out of my pocket, so when we made it back to the car, we couldn't go anywhere.
We forced ourselves to go back and search...the lights all turn off. We couldn't see a single thing! Then the flashes began. Someone was taking our pictures! Blimley! After a futile search for keys, we sat on the lawn furniture. Finally the victim's mom came out and asked if we lost our keys. "Yes, we did."
She goes back into the house (and unknowingly to us, calls the victim, and they said to detain us as long as possible so they could get back to laugh at us) to get some flashlights.
We searched. And searched. And searched. I really wanted to find those keys before the victim got back! Finally I call dad. He wants to bring a huge search light and rescue us. I start looking up the path I took the car. When we were pretty far away from the house, the victim's mom found the keys! Yay! We could escape in time!
But...she wouldn't give them to us! She stated that the victim wanted to laugh at us and see us...so. We waited. She told us some hilarious stories of blowing up her chem lab, and setting a cat on fire.
Finally the "victim" arrived, and heartily laughed at our attempt. After some talking, I was permitted to have my keys back, and to leave.
(In the course of conversation, Jos and I figured out that the victim's mom found the keys early on, but kept us looking while she hid them in her pocketses.)

I'm now a failure at chalking. (Last week we attempted "heart attacking") Any suggestions for my next failed attempt?

9 comments:

Joslynn said...

I blame myself, Nat. Our combined handicaps will forever hinder us unless I get night vision goggles and you get super sonic hearing aids.
All in all, however, it was a most hilarious evening. My stomach muscles underwent an excellent workout in the course of events-- We definitely need lessons in sneakiness.

Joslynn said...

SALMONILLA!!!!!

Nedge said...

"Salmonilla has changed my life forever."

Rick Edge said...

Salmonilla. I've obviously missed some brownie-batter-eating inside joke.
As for the pranking, I think that Oscar and Poppy would love to find some aunt Oreo-Cooky-ing their windows...

Letty said...

I once was caught stealing pumpkins....yes I was STEALING pumpkins...don't worry we baught pumkins to replace the stolen ones. After informing my parents of the trespass, my dad informed me that he used to tip over out-houses...lets see you try that!

Brenda said...

Joslynn shared this story with me at lunch today. It really is a funny story. Better luck next time.

Melissa said...

Our neighbors just got "pink flamingoed." I'm still wondering what they did with all those flamingoes.

Lauren said...

Try pranking during the daylight. Perhaps you are a day time pranker...you never know.

P.S. Can you do KYAT for me on Wednesday? I have CPR challenge at 5:30. Since you are the relief society president, I thought you could provide me some relief.

Brittany said...

I love how you never name the victim here. I wonder who it could be...ok,just kidding, I don't wonder. I know.