Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Paint


Man, is life tough sometimes, or what?
It's especially hard when you're a third party, or a third person witnessing something heartbreaking. Like a good friendship breaking apart.
I, the thirdie turdie, saw all. I understood one person. They like to use you and throw you away when your purpose has been fulfilled. The other person didn't see this, or refused to see this, and they had a very happy and successful four-year friendship.
But then...the User had decided that the Used's time had come.
And this time the Used's eyes were opened, and saw the User for what it is and does.
And it's hard for me to watch this, because it seems like something is now missing everyday.
The Used no longer sees the User as a person full of perfection and happiness. The Used is no longer blind to faults and tribulation...
And the ideal image of the User fell off a shelf somewhere and broke. Smattered into smithereens.

I walk by this broken image, peel away the bright merry shiny pieces of paint, and see the person for what they really are.

And I wish I could put the paint back on. Because if I did that, maybe, just maybe, the person would see their limitless potential, see what they can become, and because I believe in it, they will become what they should be.

I'm going to find some more paint.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, this story of the "Used" and the "User" sounds quite familiar for some reason. The "Used" wants to thank the "third person" for being the "third person." If the "used" did not have the "third person" then the "used" would be having a harder time trying to heal from the sudden realization of being the "used." Thanks Third Dude!

Anonymous said...

Ah, but life is an adventure, isn't it. As I've gotten older, I have realized more and more that we all--even the used/user/thirds--are most of the time just trying to do our best with our limited understanding and vision. I don't think that most of us are evil---just misguided--and all are worthy of consideration and kindness. Even when our actions are sometimes stinky.
It is interesting watching you youngesters as you figure things out. (I wonder if Father says the same about all of us...)

Joslynn said...

I understand the third party mentality, and it is a sad state of mind. I hate to think...