Saturday, April 21, 2007

WORK

Yes, it's a word that many of us hate. Work. Homework. Schoolwork. Housework. Job work. Yard work.

But I'm starting to realize that I better start loving that word. I'm going to be doing it my whole life. Not that it's a bad thing...

Work shapes us and molds us. If we didn't have work to do, what would we do? If such a thing happened to me, if for some reason I didn't have to work anymore, and could live a live of luxury and every need was fulfilled, every want pleased, I don't know if I'd be very happy. Work gives me a feeling of satisfaction; a hard job well done. Work helps me to be grateful for the times that I get to sit down with my family.

I think working is necessary to be happy. I should be grateful that I get to do schoolwork, then swimming work, then work-work, then homework...ugh....

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Good thought. Especially because I have a buttload of different work type things I have to do. Bleh!

Anonymous said...

believe it or not, work = happiness

Anonymous said...

Someday you may not have to work. Or, you will work doing all this stuff that no one notices. So you aren't really working, right.
That's why I'm just a mom.