Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sweethearts

It seems like every school I know of is having some sort of dance this Saturday. Including mine. I suppose it's this specific weekend because Valentine's Day is next Wednesday. Oh, joy.

You know me to be a very random and whimsical person. I lived up to that title today.

I walked into the Main Hall around lunch time and saw the little meager table selling tickets to Sweethearts. Only $15 a couple. Not bad. So, I think in my head..."Well, I'm going to state this weekend, so there's no hope for a day activity, and probably no dinner...Why don't I buy a ticket, save it, and on the bus ride home from state on Saturday evening, ask one of the swimmer boys if they want to have some fun at the dance, and we'll just go. If not, then I just gave fifteen bucks to support the school. It's a win-win."

I walk up there, and buy a ticket. Megan, a friend and co-swimmer of mine, looked at me wide-eyed and asked me if I was "actually going, and if it was just stagging." I told her my plan, and she said that I should ask a certain young man who isn't a swimmer, but he's going to be attending the meet because he didn't get asked, and didn't have anything better to do...

So. I walked up to this boy I hardly know. He was/is in a couple of my classes, seminary and Language, but we never really talked. It puzzled me that he wasn't asked...he's the Senior Class President, and a Madrigal. Why wouldn't someone ask???

Anyhow, I walked toward him, chickened out, and kept on walking to the restroom. I went back to my lunch, and wrote a little stupid story about a girl in distress because she's a master procrastinator, and she has no date...blah blah blah.

And it asked him. And he said yes.

All of this happened in a course of about 20 minutes...

Yes, you could say I'm a spontaneous random person...

5 comments:

Lauren said...

WHO IS IT????????????

Joslynn said...

Whoa! Cool! Sweethearts!
Will you wear a certain tie-dress to this special event?
I admire your guts, girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes you should wear your tie dress!!! That would make the perfect valentines dress! Congrats on him saying yes...but who wouldn't??? I mean here you have a girls who not only is smart, talented, pretty ect... I hope you do great tomarrow! Good Luck.

Melissa said...

Nice going, Tex. I like your style. I asked my Sweetheart's date the day before the dance on a whim. It certainly eliminates a lot of those "asking" shenanigans we go through in high school.

Tanner's Tales said...

Are we related? Because there is no way I would have dared do that! Good work. I am very impressed. Good luck at state! I wish I could come, but we have our Alumni tournament. I have to go beat up on some young'uns.