Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Irony

Today had a loverly strong savor of irony.
I was a good girl and went to my seminary council meeting during lunch. Our meeting ran a little late, and I had to hurry and get my English folder. I literally ran to my class, only to fail three feet away. I was stopped by one of the assistant principals, and was swept into a room filled to the brim of students. Despite my explanation, they wouldn't let me pass. When the patrols succeeded getting us all quiet, the sophomore principal's first words were: "It's like being pregnant. Either you're late, or you're not. You guys are LATE."
We had to get in line to receive our two dollar tardy ticket. I talked to people around me. One kid was getting into his car to go to an off-campus class, but still was dragged to get a ticket. Another kid didn't even have a class to go to, he was going home. The worst story? One girl was diabetic, and was feeling like she was going to pass out, so she went outside to check her sugar levels...dragged to get a tardy ticket with the gruff reply, "No excuses."
Sure, this system sounds great to catch all the tardy students BUT...no system is perfect. No. This stupid tardy sweep made me fifteen minutes late to my favorite class. Two or three more students came in. Without a tardy ticket.
Unfortunately, the one day I'm running late, the school pulls all of their enforcers together to grab the people who are one minute late...letting the people who are five minutes late go free. Bleah. I dislike these kinds of things.
They savor of irony and it doesn't taste very good.



4 comments:

Joslynn said...

That is completely wrong and utterly stupid. I'm sorry.

Brenda said...

Your story made me so glad that Bingham doesn't have that policy. There should always be an exception to the rule.

Lauren said...

The school probably just needed a little extra money for the faculty to go out to lunch. See, you helped them. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Life just ain't fair, never will be so get used to it. Its real good there is a bigger picture and there will be fairness one day.