Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday mom! Sorry about the picture, it's from last year's "birthday party."
Thank you for being the best mom one could have. My most vivid memories from when I was a kid was riding bikes, hiking, etc., and being utterly miserable at the time because you would keep going and going and going....regardless if I threatened to stay behind, or of my tears. But looking back on that, I realized because of you, I am very much the person I am today. You not only made me stronger, and built up my endurance, but you also gave me some wonderful character from that. I've learned from you that whining won't get you anywhere, crying doesn't either...but a fall? With lots and cuts and scratches? Gets you a minute of sympathy, but you must pick yourself up and keep going.
I also remember the times in the winter when we'd snuggle under a blanket over the heater, and I would proudly read books to you. Usually the entire book itself would consist of three sentences. But still! I was very proud of myself. Then you made me advance to novels. I remember Amelia Bedelia, and The Boxcart Children. Yes, you and dad both instilled the love of books into me. (Dad used to read to me at night in all sorts of funny voices. My two favorite books that I remember him reading to me? Stuart Little and The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe. Thanks, Dad!)
Thank you so much mom, for making me the person I am today. Have a sweet time at work tonight! I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. It is so great! Isn't mom great? Just a little more, just a little more, just to the top, just to the top,...She is so supportive and just a great mom and grandma! Thanks for blogging, I enjoy reading it. Thanks for putting the pictures up! They were great, and yes, Willie can eat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts, though untrue. I was pretty selfish as a Mom because I wasn't thinking of you only of me wanting to go on. Now that every single one of my children have more endurance and strength than their old mom, it is time to leave her on the trail crying and whinning and let her see how it feels. Thanks for being my wonderful daughter that takes care of me in my old age. HOWEVER THE PICTURE HAS TO GO! Love Mummy

Melissa said...

Your Mom's tops.

Letty said...

Too bad I missed the years of you being really little. I would love to see mom with all of you. especially Rick! I love mom too...and Ive only been around for 6 years!!! It's amazing how one person can change your life for ever!