Saturday, November 25, 2006

A day of...boredom?

Well...I woke up today bright and early and worked out for two hours. Then I proceeded to hurry home to bid farewell to family members I won't see for a looong time. After they left...the house seemed so big and empty. No shrieks of "Be quiet Poppy!" or Poppy's belly laugh.
So...to escape...I got all my library stuff gathered together, and first I went to Smith's Marketplace to develop some pictures. Then I went to the library to clear some things up, such as a DVD I turned in a week ago, but they still say I have it checked out...just small matters.
Then I went to seagull to get a scripture case. But while I was at Seagull's, I had the temptation to buy a ring. I like those rings, and I lost mine months ago. I forgot what size I was, so I tried the sizing rings on. I started with a size eight. Waaay too big. Then I went straight to a six. Went down very easily, like a charm. But...it won't budge! I can't get it off! I decided that I was going to walk away with the sizing rings, and casually "browse" around the store, while trying to slip it off. To my dismay, the sizing rings were chained to the stand! Imagine me casually walking away, only to hear a huge rattle of rings, and a chain attached to my ring finger...
I finally get it to budge, but the knuckle wrinkles were the next obstacle to my freedom. I casually look at the rings, trying to appear very interested in the soccer one. After about a five minute's struggle, the ring came off! I was free! I hurried and bought the scripture case and bolted out the door.
Once I got home, I find that my dad's replacing the old water heater, because it was leaking this morning. He calls my name, asking for help, telling me I'll need gloves. I nonchalantly walk to him. "I need you to hold this pipe while I saw some of it off." The saw was an electric one. For the next minute, I feared for my hand, as he sawed this metal pipe within inches of my precious hand...I kept letting go when I got scared, so at last, I just looked away, and with a chink the piece of pipe came off.
Well, that's all that happened today. You didn't miss much.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds perty excitin' da me!

Nedge said...

Whatever.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl-next time you are board just ask Mummy-bet she can think of some things for you to be excited about

Anonymous said...

I love this story. It makes me giggle.
It wasn't all that boring, was it? I mean, you had me! Heh. At least Anne was exciting.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and may I add?
Don't spill the beans, Superman!