Sunday, May 06, 2007

Watah Polo State



Well...state came and went.

We beat Skyline for the first place trophy! The final score was 4-3. We were tied up 3-3, and I thought we were headed for overtime, but Shandi scored an awesome goal at about :46 seconds left of the game! Yay!

(Imagine Queen singing "We Are the Champions")

The boys also had an intense game, but won the gold as well.

After that? I went home. And rested.

Then I hung out with the team at some pizza place. They wanted to go inside and watch a movie afterwards, but the weather was lookin' so nice! So I ordered two jamba juices and said "I have to go somewhere." All the gals' eyes went wide, and began guessing who I was going on a date with.

Perfect escape plan.

But where should I go? My friends from Bingham have Senior dinner/dance that night...so...hmmm...I won't bother them, then...

I hung out with the Stapleys, watched a clip from "Wayne's World," explored the field behind their house, talked to the turkeys, "owwww"-ed at the peacock, and strutted like the emu. It was rather fun. Then I swang on the swings for a long time.

So nice to be free.

7 comments:

Staples said...

That is a sexy picture. When was that taken? You came to my house?!?!?! WHOAH.

Joslynn said...

Congratulations on being a champion, Nat! I was excited to hear Kearns had taken state-- Nedgie rocks!

For some odd reason it is not difficult for me to imagine you strutting around like an Emu.

Letty said...

Congrat Natalie! What a great way to finish your senior year...are there any goals that you haven't accomplished? You are such an amazing girl! Keep up the good work.

Lauren said...

Have you ever heard the Queen song, "I Want To Break Free?"

Anonymous said...

two jamba juices?! Micah and I can barely down one--how did you manage?

Anonymous said...

Natalie, I am in love with you! Where can I get a copy of that picture?!?!

Your "Secret" Admirer

Emily Stapley said...

Holy cow that picture is way cool! That was such a great game. You scored the very first point!! whoot!