Tuesday, May 15, 2007

H20


For the past while, I've been wondering why there's so much drama and stupid things that happen around the pool.
My close friends and I joke that it's hormones, the boys and the girls...they just have to act up, and overanalyze everything.
If you don't speak for a day, rumors spread that you're very mad at someone.
If you're too "loud" for a day, someone believes you're trying to steal their boyfriend that they claim they don't have.
If you're too honest and blunt, you are automatically a jerk and not worth speaking to.
If you lie and brown-nose, the previous statement applies.
If you...

I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized it's all due to water. H20.
Only H20 doesn't necessarily mean Hydrogen and Oxygen.
It means something else. Something quite significant.
The H stands for Hormones.
The O has many names.

O is for...Opera: Yes, in the pool, the hormones cause lots of drama. It plays out quite like an Opera. There is tragedy, romance, and horror.
O is for...Ovaries: (Brad our coach came up with this one...) 'Nuff said.
O is for...Ornery: Girls become quite ornery when hormones act up. Especially if you somehow annoy them. Even without knowing it...you intended to make them mad.
O is for...Overexaggerate: Usually happens with gossip and rumors.
O is for...Obnoxious: I'm sorry, but swimmers really are this.
O is for...Outrageous: Yes, this whole thing is beyond outrageous.

So, there you have it. Water is two parts Hormones, one part of any of the O options I gave (or something better you've come up with...[post it please!]) and a fraction part Cl...clobberheads.


And I'll finish a quote from my good friend Tantor:
"Are you sure this water is sanitary? It looks questionable to me."

26 comments:

Lauren said...

Too bad "PMS" doesn't start with "O," because that pretty much describes all the options we have to choose for "O" in "H2O."

Nedge said...

I know!!!!!!

mummy said...

YES! The true sign of summer has arrived. Abbty Norman has once again changed rooms. It's wonderful, the cleaning that could go on, all the DI items that could be found. But alas, the old stuff just stays in the old room and the useful stuff moves to the new room. Well, someday we may need some of that stuff, maybe, and maybe when the owner of the house moves on to better places all the stuff will have to be evacuated, evacuated all in one decision making mega day. Love MOm-hope this gets posted, I'm having great difficulty now that the blog is blocked. If you are reading this now, it was a success!

Staples said...

hahahahahahahahahahahah
Oh natalie... you are so funny. I discuss this with you. oH MAN... i am laughing..

Lauren said...

Hey. I decided that since you left me alot of comments..........

Lauren said...

......I would leave you alot of comments.

Lauren said...

That is interesting about water.

Lauren said...

I don't think I want to drink water anymore.

Lauren said...

Maybe I'll just drink.......

Lauren said...

....um......

Lauren said...

.....well....

Lauren said...

.....maybe I'll just drink you.

Lauren said...

But that sounds rather strange.

Lauren said...

strange is good.

Lauren said...

I like strange.

Lauren said...

You are my sunshine....

Lauren said...

...my only sunshine...

Lauren said...

...you make me happy....

Lauren said...

...when skies are grey....

Lauren said...

...you'll never know Nedge....

Lauren said...

.....how much I love you....

Lauren said...

...please don't take...

Lauren said...

...my...

Lauren said...

...sunshine...

Lauren said...

...away.

Lauren said...

*dramatic pause*