Saturday, May 19, 2007

Grass

Sorry. My last post was kind of depressing, and I wanted to get it off the top of the page.

On a happier note, we are supposed to get chickens soon! (Though, that's what they said last year...Maybe it means we'll actually get chickens within the year...)


Grass is very interesting. It's the standard for many Americans to put it in their yard. Often, that's all their yard has...grass. And they seem intent to prove that their grass is by far the greenest in the 'hood. They go so far as to water their grass every other day about ten hours at a stretch.

Nothing's wrong with that! We only live in Utah. Where droughts are likely to occur. Plus, many third world countries would do anything to get that quality of sanitary water to live off of...


My favorite type of grass is buffalo grass:


It's kind of messy and loose and scruffy. If I planted this stuff in my yard, many neighbors probably would be disgusted. Neat, tidy, green grass is the fashion. This grass imitates the grass on the prarie, only on a smaller scale. Also, you don't have to mow it. Ever. This grass is my favorite because of the reasons above, plus it's super comfy! It's rather soft.

One of my pet peeves is that some people get ornery when you walk on their grass. Then what is the grass there for, then? In my opinion, it's an outdoor carpet. You are allowed to walk on it! If they don't want you on their grass, they should plant the species the Stapleys have. That species could kill you if it wanted.



These scratches are much more intidmidating in person. The camera likes to wash them out. I have these scratches all over both feet and my legs from an ordinary shuffle in the grass! It didn't help when I learned that the very grass I was romping around on had recently been sprayed with poison...no wonder why everything stings like billy-oh! If you don't want your kids to enjoy playing outside, and would rather play outdoor neighborhood games on their stupid x-box or whatever they're called these days, then this is the grass candidate for you... But if you have awesome kids like the Stapleys...nothing is going to stop them from having fun outside!

3 comments:

mummy said...

sometimes, my dear, you are such a weirdo!

Rick Edge said...

"Buffalo girls won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight, Buffalo girls won't you come out tonight, and da, dum de, da, do, do daa, dum..."

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey! Anonymous comments are back! I'm back in business! Look out, sidewalk! Fat Albert coming through!