Sunday, March 18, 2007

Vacuums!

I cleaned out my car for the first time in months. It was gritty, dirty, and gross. So, instead of scrubbing and such, my solution was the 6 horsepower canister vacuum.
So, I continued vacuuming, and not thinking much, when, lo and behold! The vacuum was chewing up my ponytail, and sucked my hair elastic off.
The memories came rushing in. When I was a wee lass, I would play with this tube, and stick it on my belly. Then I would stick it on my cheek. Then I would stick it on my chin, and finally...on my mouth!
Cut back to the present: A grown-up person sitting in a car, with their lips sucked out unnaturally in a vacuum tube....and trying to refrain from laughing...

On another note...yesterday was a gloriously beautiful day!!! I dragged my poor dad to take me to Gardiner Village to take a bike ride on the Jordan River. We rode for sixteen or seventeen miles. It was really easy and really nice. Then I took my bike to deliver some packages to a couple of close friends. That wasn't as nice, because I went to Doyle's house first, so I could get the climb back up Shield's Lane done and over. I get to her house, she's not home. Blast! I hop back on the bike, and start the tedious climb up, up, up. Then I approach Jos's street with horror. I've never realized how steep it was! And she lives quite a ways up it. I make my way all the way up, and Jos was home! And Doyle was there too! Grrrr! I could've cut out five miles from my whole trip if I just simply use a blasted cell phone! But it was a rather pleasant day...aside from the sore saddle butt. I envy Letty now, since she's been spinning all winter, and doesn't have to deal with this...

8 comments:

Joslynn said...

If words could describe how dumb I felt when you told me you'd gone to Brittany's house, only to find she was at mine, I would tell you right here. As it is, I am not that poetic, and so this must suffice:
[Enter awkward phrase here]
But I was so happy to see you! I'm sorry about the scream of joy and the attack upon opening the front door.
Looking on the bright side? Your body is now toned five more miles of perfect muscle, and you have my everlasting admiration.
Thank you for the pocket switchblade/comb. It's awesome. I think we should experiment with it.

Joslynn said...

Oh, and my hill is a bear. I hope the satisfaction of a quick ride down made up for the effort of biking up.

Nedge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I suppose sucking a vacuum (or is it letting the vacuum suck you) is one way of getting those poofy pouty lips that all the movies stars want. By the way, why do you want those lips? Are you keeping something from us?

Lauren said...

You didn't ride to my house! I am jealous!

Letty said...

I do recall being sucked by the vacume too! Ah the good ol'days of exploration and discovery! I'm glad you take the oppertunity to re-visit the discovery.

Staples said...

HA, I can comment now!!!!hahahahahahhahahahahhah...don't look at mine yet.

Brittany said...

Sorry aboat that, eh?