Monday, March 12, 2007

Brused Books

This lovely bookstore is located in Pullman, WA. It has creeky old floors and messy, often chaotic shelves. It has a comfortableness and familiarity to it that makes it so I could stay there all day.
Plus, they have very decent prices compared to the name store Barnes and Noble. I love hard cover books, but I can't buy very many at a time when I'm at Barnes and Noble. Coaching and saving up for college and a mission doesn't afford for such luxuries.
So I go to Brused Books. They have random editions, some as old as the 1920's, and even older! And the average price for a hardcover story is six dollars. Yes! In the single digits! So this trip I afforded to buy: Moby Dick, The Prince and the Pauper, and Candide in hardcover. I was disappointed to find that they were out of hardcover Les Miserables and Pride and Prejudice. But since I don't even own these books and they were about two bucks, I bought those as well. (well, I own Les Miserables...but the one at Brused Books came in two, more digestable volumes...)
I wonder if there's a bookstore somewhere in the vicinity of Salt Lake City that has the same stink, the same creekiness, the same familiarity...I'm sure it'd become my haunting place...

3 comments:

Joslynn said...

I've got one for you Nat!
Two words: Sam Weller's. It's the hidden gem of Salt Lake City, with a rare book room and shelves upon shelves of glorious and wonderful treasures.
You'd love it.

Lauren said...

Come back home! I am dying at KYAT! Save me! When will you be back? I am wondering if you feel like performing a miracle on Friday.

Brittany said...

No way! I was TOTALLY just going to say "Two words: Sam Weller's."

Get out of my brain! That was what I thought of when I read this post.

That's it. We're planning a trip to Salt Lake. I'll pay. I have like a million Trax tokens to burn. And when I say a million, I mean like 10.