Saturday, December 09, 2006

Say What?

This post consists of a few of many of my little mistakes and blurts that I encounter due to my hearing...or the lack of it...

Misheard lyrics:
"...and in the middle of negotiations... you break out..." (The Beatles "You Never Give Me Your Money")

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, doin' fine..." (Steam Na na Hey hey [kiss him goodbye])

"You just gotta let it grow....you just gotta let it grow..." (Eels "I Need Some Sleep")


Conversations/statements:

In a class, we were talking about good communication skills. The teacher asked us to give us some examples of good communication. A girl raised her hand and said, 'good eye contact.' As I pondered on her answer, I thought about the way I communicate...I never really look people in the eye, as I'm focusing on what they're saying by reading their lips...so without second thought, I blurt out, 'good lip contact'. There goes the class...

During water polo practice, we got an assistant coach who we've never seen before. I wondered why I liked him so much. Then I realized why. Even though I couldn't hear, I could understand him on first try, because his lips were so readable. Without thinking, I tell him that he has nice lips...whoops!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!
I loved this... good lip contact.
Oh how you make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you have very nice lips too, Miss Natalie.
Bueheheheheh...

Anonymous said...

I thought I knew my little sister...good lip contact???

Nedge said...

Yes. Good lip contact. A slip of the tongue. What's the proper way to explain it? "I read lips!"

Letty said...

So now you have "nice lips" and the slip of the tongue???? I really thought I knew you...now I see a whole new side! hahahaaa Just kidding...now you are really blushing I can tell. ;-X