Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Writing ex. 1

“Come on, I just want to smile a real smile for once! Let me use it! Don’t shake your head. Just hand them over. I’m determined I will have it whether you like it or not. You know I don’t have my own because I can’t afford it. I spend my money on worthy causes like lottery tickets and cat food. Cats are real angels, and they are my only friends. Come on, give them to me! If you give them to me, I promise I’ll be quiet about it from now on. I just want to use them for a picture! Why won’t you be a decent person and hand them over? It’s not like you use them anyway. You’re not smiling! You’re not even using them right now!” Clarise was sick of all the jabbering. She reached into her mouth and gave her friend her dentures.

3 comments:

Old Warrior said...

You know I have had patients just like these charcters....
I'm glad grandma didn't have any cats. I do hear that they can be tasty, however.

mad dog said...

Ha ha ha ha!! Wow, that was suspenseful! My eyes wanted to cheat and look at what "them" were, but I held off til the end!

Anonymous said...

Hum, did your weekend visits at home inspire this writing?