Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not quite sure...


So I have a recurring dream. I'm still not quite sure what to make of it, so here goes:


I'm at a huge swim meet, and I managed to make it to the finals, the final heat, lane three! (Lane 4 usually has the fastest person, second fastest in lane five, third fastest in lane three) So I'm in a very good position. I for some reason get very stressed out that night, and realize I'm late to my event. I warmed up, haven't managed to get in my racing suit. I'm in my baggy old practice suit, swimming against some of the best swimmers in the world. As I stand behind the blocks, stretching, getting ready for the race of a lifetime, I look up only to realize the race has already started. I look at my lane, and it's empty. Definitely where I should have been. Instead of breaking down with disappointment, anger, or sadness, I only feel one emotion: intense and overwhelming relief. I curl up into a ball and sigh with contentment, thinking the only thing that will happen now is that Coach will kick me off the team.


Interesting. Maybe I could use this for my creative writing class somehow.

3 comments:

freddyfly said...

Wow crazy...I don't really know what to make of it either. I haven't ever really had any swimming dreams. In fact, my dreams seem to be super random and have no meaning.

Just a guess, maybe it means you are scared for the next season and what it will bring especially since your shoulder is fixed (hopefully anyway). You're also scared that even if your shoulder is better that you wont swim as fast. When you miss your race you are relieved that you don't have to find out and feel the pain of not doing well with a good shoulder in case that would be the case...

Just a guess. I'm no good at this stuff. Hope it helps though

Old Warrior said...

I think it is means that you shouldn't feed Baby Ruth bars to your chickens, unless you want to have chocolate eggs with peanuts.

Anonymous said...

I thought this was pretty obvious. There is a croc that you don't know about though.