Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jelly Beans

When I was a little lass (not wee), I had (and still have) a big sweet tooth. I loved sugar of any kind. And I knew mommy and daddy always seemed to have a secret stash of sugar somewhere. Mommy was in the shower, Daddy was watching tv, so I decided to sneak into their room in hopes to find something sweet.
I did.
There they were, next to the bed. A bag of dark green jelly beans. Dark green meant only one flavor: watermelon! My favorite flavor.
I stole to the other side of the room, next to the bag, and thrust a chubby hand into the bag and stuffed my mouth chock full of dark green jelly beans! After I chewed for a little while, pain erupted in my mouth. I started to cry and spit out the jelly beans...
...they were jalapeno.

11 comments:

Joslynn said...

Trauma for the poor lil' Nat!
Perhaps this experience gave you a liking for hot things. Very hot things.
Or maybe it just made everything worse.
You tell me.

Letty said...

I wonder if Oscar will ever find the Jalapeno jelly beans in grandma's drawer...we all know that grandma has her stashes to find! Usually it is chocolate...right?

Joslynn said...

Yay for Nedgie
She's the one--
She makes swimming
So much fun!!

Joslynn said...

Okay, that was stupid. Nevertheless, you are amazing my dear. I quite enjoyed watching you glide, yes glide, through the water.
You're a fish.

Brenda said...

That sounds like a horrible experience. What I'm wondering is why your parents had a bag of jalapenoes in their bedroom. Kind of an odd place to keep peppers.

Lauren said...

You are an easy one to prank, it seems.

Joslynn said...

Brenda: Ha ha! We're going to have a talk about jelly beans.
Nat: You are a champion. And no, Daphne's cell phone is not broken.

Anonymous said...

If I remember right, you ate a lot of my precious jelly bellys as well. To my dismay. I threw a few trantums over you 'stealing' my sugar stashes! Ah, sisterhood.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I have been corrected. In my hurry I thought the story was that instead of jelly beans they were really the actual peppers. Apparantly there is such a thing as jalapeno flavored jelly beans. Just ignore my previous comment.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I have been corrected. In my hurry I thought the story was that instead of jelly beans they were really the actual peppers. Apparantly there is such a thing as jalapeno flavored jelly beans. Just ignore my previous comment.

Joslynn said...

Don't ignore her, Nat! Her comment was simply hi-larious!