Saturday, January 06, 2007

Debris

Early morning, cold feet,
Cold cereal, so gross,
Enter car, freezing breath,
off to swim to my death.

Ah! Something twitters across my path
Looks like a dog or a cat.
I study its pace, and realize I'm going to hit!
When the impact comes, my heart leaps, breath catches,
I feel nothing.
I look back in my rearview mirror, and alas!
It is but a simple grocery bag.

Bright and very early,
I don't want to leave
my loverly warm haven,
but in the car I go.

Something moving catches the corner of my eye.
It jumps up and down, quite like a bird.
Then it takes a running sprint
Right in front of my car.
Once again, my heart stops...
and once again, I feel nothing.
I must've missed!
Oh, wait. It's a plastic cup...

Early morning...

4 comments:

Joslynn said...

I likes it... you describe the disillusionment of the early morning very poetically.

Joslynn said...

Oh, and the new look is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Natalie:
I am impressed. I should check your blog more often. You are constantly coming up with new ideas. I like it. Your blogs always make me laugh.

Joslynn said...

Dang it! I constantly check Utter Insanity with the hope that a new post will be up. But alas!