Monday, January 26, 2009

Any suggestions for poem #2?


Background info: we had to pick two of our favorite objects/subjects, and write as many words as we could about them, describing them, how they make us feel, etc. Then we were told to write a poem about the two objects, but we weren't allowed to use ANY of the words we just wrote down. Dang. Here's the rough draft, tell me what you think if you'd like. :)



Unable to read the faded parchment,
horrible, disjointed noise fills the ear.
Fat little balls of plumage cower
in the shadows, listening.
I tediously pound the bones
as strings break, wood splinters.
The golden eyes blink
as I feel the poem come
to life through the beast.
Sharp bills chatter uneasily.
Images erupt deep within—
Gradually the orbs with the
cracked claws emerge,
Swaying steadily to hideous vibrations.
I do not mind the monster
nor the relics of raptors with
scarlet ornaments on their heads.
I keep pounding the keys because
we all know we are
magnificent.



2 comments:

Old Warrior said...

Cracks me up and tugs at my strings...

Anonymous said...

Way Cool! How did you get that picture of a chicken looking at a piano and then taking a picture of the piano reflecting in the pupil! Way amazing! Way good poem!