Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Nebraska, Day one: Tornado warning


I've concluded today that storms in the midwest are the best! I was very sad to leave Utah since we were finally experiencing some rain and such. But now? I'm happy that I got to (and still am) experience a serious storm here in Nebraska. It's still raining really hard, and lightning is still flashing everywhere all the time! The lightning has never stopped. It's awesome. Except for the fact that it's likely a tornado will hit. Actually, it's just a tornado watch. The hotel has just called us and let us know that if it changes into a warning, we have to go to the basement. Wow!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The first Saturday of every month, they test the Tornado sirens in Omaha. The first time I heard them, I had no clue what was going on. My companion just laughed at me.

We had to take cover a few times, but no tornadoes. Hope you survive this one.

Old Warrior said...

Cool! Good pic as well. Wish I was there. Swim Fast and Smile!