Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tendonitis

Yup. That's my diagnosis-tendonitis.

I felt very stupid in swimming this afternoon. My shoulder started hurting again, despite all the therapy and tape that I've been through and put on. Listening to the dad side of my shoulder (not the mom), I stopped, and the coaches looked at me funny. What do I say? I need to talk to the trainers and see if I can get my shoulder to stop hurting? I say in a clumsy way that I need to do something about my shoulder.

The trainers had fun pushing, prodding, and pulling on my shoulder, stuffed a couple of asprin down my throat and sent me swimming again. Unfortunately, about a 500 later, it was hurting big time again. Rather than adjust my stroke and lose my technique, I decided to stop, put on some flippers, and kick the rest of the long set. Coach stopped me and asked me "what's going on?" I explained to him that I have tendonitis according to the trainers, and that I'm doing my best to take care of it for once. He nodds his head thoughtfully, and turns back to the pool he's coaching (not mine).

After practice, we got yelled at/lectured at again. Only this time it was reprimanding us for not taking care of ourselves. Two boys had to drop out of practice today because they were struggling. Why? They didn't eat anything today. Coach is very frustrated that we are all adults, but we can't seem to take care of ourselves properly.

3 comments:

Old Warrior said...

Hey-take care of that shoulder! I hope the trainers told you to take an anti-inflamatory (ibuprofen) several times/day, even if you feel you don't need it. Need to get the inflamation out of the shoulder. Remember to take the IB with food...

Letty said...

Poor nat! Sorry that your shoulder is bugging you...Glad to see that your coach is ok with it. He better be! This is the shoulder you have to live with the rest of your life! Just ask dad...need I say more.
Get well soon!

Brittany said...

The scars that you have from the tape for your shoulder make me so sad! It was good to see you tonight, by the way. We should hang out more...seeing as I live so close and all...haha