Tuesday, December 18, 2007

19th Birthday in Las Vegas

playing with cotton candy



I had to go to Las Vegas for a swim meet for about five days. And I was in Vegas for my birthday.

As my high school coach put it, "If you don't drink or gamble, there's not much for you there." I quite agree. Las Vegas is way overrated.

We had to swim in the meet both morning and night, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

So, last night after the meet, I decided to hang out with the "Canadians" on my swim team, because they were getting something to eat right after the meet then go to the airport to go home. It was a lot of fun, and I had the best frozen yogurt with big ginormous blackberries on top. It was definitely better than any $35 buffet on the Strip.

By the time I got back to the hotel, everyone was already dressed up and leaving the parking lot. We weren't allowed to wear anything with "University of Utah" on, and seeing I was decked from head to toe with that or a "U", people didn't want to wait and left. I was all alone at the hotel, and it was pleasant. Instead of making my cold take a turn for the worse, I was enjoying two full hours of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Then I went to sleep. Lovely.

Vegas and Birthdays are overrated.

So nice to come back to salt lake.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I agree that birthdays and Vegas are overrated. Birthdays are just like any other day, and Vegas is smelly and scary. I'm still doing something for your birthday anyways though...

Letty said...

Happy late birthday!!!
Welcome back to Utah!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday yo!

Is that last picture of the Oaker and Wasatch mountains? Is that the pollution stuff?