Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Utter...Embarrassment.

Oh, my goodness. I didn't know I'd spend my evening looking at honest Abe's face...or trying to put together three identical puzzles, but all of the pieces are slightly different by a bilimeter or two.
Yes. I did something awful. But I have hope. I ran to the hungry paper shredder to shred up my information, when I felt my left hand being tugged toward the angry mouth. Yes. It ate up three five dollar bills, and my only hope is to save every five-eighths and the serial number. That way I can messily tape it together, and get some money back If I trade it with the bank.
How embarassing. Why does that have to happen? I was tempted to paste them together, and hang it on the wall to remind me how ugly and pointless money is. Really, what is it worth? Nothing. Just...service for service. It's like trading...only you use some ugly green paper to ensure the other person happiness.
I'm tempted to take a picture of this chaos, but I'm too lazy to take a picture, connect the camera to the computer, find the picture, save the picture, browse the picture, upload the picture, then place it somewhere perfect. Eh. You can imagine what a shredded five-dollar bill looks like.

3 comments:

Joslynn said...

May I ask how you allowed three honest looking bills to even approach a paper shredder?
It's not so bad Nat. We all do dumb things. I could rattle off a whole list, but here are just a few. I hope they make you a little more comfortable:
On a matching section of an English test I became self concious of my answer, thinking it was wrong, switched it, switched it back, and then gave up and put the wrong answer.
Yesterday I accidently bathed my shoe in a puddle of chocolate milk that was cleverly situated on the floor. I moved my foot and did not wipe up the mess. A few minutes later my shoe was back in the puddle.
At the orchestra social we played the gorilla game. I don't know if you've ever played it before. It consists of making a fool out of somebody by getting them to growl by themselves. I've played it before. I growled by myself. It was ridiculous.

If I told you all the others you might not like me anymore, so I'll stop.

Melissa said...

I once lost a twenty-dollar bill out of my pocket because I did a snow angel (minus the snow) on the concrete in the middle of downtown on a dare.
There's two reasons to feel stupid.

Brittany said...

Well, I found a five dollar bill in the pocket of a jacket (that hasn't been worn since winter)this morning. I'm sorry to those of you who have lost money lately.