Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've finally got caughten up!

Yes, I finally got one, but my feelings about getting one are mixed. I've never liked them in the first place, except for the essential moments where I had to let my parents know where I was, but I had no way of contacting them. I hate the harsh ring, saying that someone is demanding to talk to you at that very minute, and if you don't answer the phone, you'll get reproached. I dislike the thought of going out of your way to buy one of these, then refusing to use it to talk to people, you'd rather write to them. I have never understood that. Talking gets the conversation done oh, about 100 x quicker, and more efficiently. My friends text each other "oh, nothing" or "ha ha ha." The worst that I have ever seen was one girl text messaging one letter of the alphabet every 10 seconds to her friend. How...boring. Yes, I'm staying away from the text messaging addiction many people have, and I'm actually going to talk on my cell phone.

3 comments:

Joslynn said...

Congratulations!
I would talk on my cell phone too, except no one ever calls me. Not even my parents.

Brittany said...

I agree with what you say about texting. It's pathetic when you receive one-word texts. I don't understand how people are addicted to it. It's fun to get some, fun to send some, but it's not a great form of communication at all.

Yay for new cell phones.

I've called you before Jos. Twice in one day, actually.

Joslynn said...

You were also sitting two feet away from me.
Curse that gullible gene!