Sunday, August 27, 2006

Summer, where hast thou gone?

Today is my last day of summer. All I can remember is that it flew by my ear, (so that I could hear it was here) then it hovered above my head, and just now, it shot off like a rocket.

My accomplishments this summer:
1. I worked for 1 and a half months.
2. I rode 60 mile bike rides, twice.
3. I competed in Long Course State Swim Meet and did fairly well.
4. I went on a vacation for the first time. (To Pullman, WA).
5. I made some new friends.

My goals that I had, but did not accomplish:
1. Balancing a spoon on my nose for longer than 17 seconds.
2. Sticking out my tongue and touch my nose.
3. Running at least 2-3x a week.
4. Reading all those books that I wanted to read.
5. Organizing my new scriptures. (This includes putting quotes where they belong in the scriptures, highlighting, notes, etc.)
6. Building a coffee table for my sister, who asked for one, but failed to give me dimensions. (I will probably make it in woods this year...)
7. Visiting my Grandma more often.
8. Didn't improve my smelling ability. (Ooh! Ohh! Good story! Ahem: I was talking to one of my YW leaders, somehow we got on the subject of sniffing cell phones...and she has the most aMAZing nose! She is an appraiser, so she sees lots of houses, and she can walk into a room, and tell you how old the person's son is. [I don't know if you can tell with gals...] She can tell from ages 11-19 or so. Apparently, boys smell different at every age. I guess I was wrong. I thought they all stunk.)
9. Overcoming my fear of talking on the phone to strangers.
10. Last, but not least, I still haven't honed my skills of confusing and terrifying new lifeguards...Oh, I got quite a few laughs, but I could've done better.

Goals for school:
1. Graduate. (Because of seminary, it cuts it kinda close, plus I'm taking classes on EHS, and I'd better finish them, or I probably won't graduate...eek!)

4 comments:

Joslynn said...

Cell phone sniffing is an art. You had a pretty busy summer. I'm glad that I saw you... twice. Pretty good, as our aquaintance originated from our blogs.

Brittany said...

Cell phone sniffing is cool, no doubt about it. Thanks for showing me the way.

Glad to see you had a good summer too. Let's live up this coming school year. What do you say?

Nedge said...

Yes. More pranks than ever is essential.

Joslynn said...

More adventures!
More fun!
More going places!
More... doing.... stuff.