Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Swimmers





Swimmers, personally, scare me... Take for example, these pictures of people I swim with...does it give you an image of weird, loud, strange people? Well, they are.

I think that swimmers have their entirely different world of culture...we do many things differently compared to the "normal" people...(Those people kind of scare me too...what, exactly is normal? Who is normal? Not me, obviously.)

The boys wear speedos, and the girls are used to it, not a second thought. But take a "normal" person, and bring them to the pool, and they are all blushing with embarrassment at such a sight, holding out their hand in front of their eyes so they shall "see no evil, like a person in a speedo".

I shall not discuss the other odd traits we have...such as like at the Christmas party, all of the gals have an underwear present for their "secret swimmer" (f.y.i. a secret swimmer is just like a secret sister....if you don't know what a secret sister is, you must be a guy...just be comforted that it's a girl thing, I guess...)

We swimmers are definitely weird. We are committed to at least 1 1/2 hours to at most 4 hours a day, watching a black line and someone's feet...and flipturning... We stuff our heads inside a rubber balloonish-like thing, and it rips our hair...we're committed to smelling like chlorine, no matter how hard we try to wash it off...we like green hair...the one nice thing about all this "torture" is that we can eat 5,000 calories a day and not feel guilty...

At least I'm not a madrigal...those people are weird.

No comments: