Sunday, September 11, 2005

Itches



I'm sure you're not like me, but I think about weird things. Like itches, for example. I'm talking about the itches where you're not sure why you itch...there's not a bite there, and no possible rubbing of something else on your skin. I researched on why we itch, and the scientists don't really know. Some scientists believe that it's a mental thing. Such as when you envision worms crawling on your skin, or bugs in your bed that eat your dead skin cells while you sleep and keep them warm, ect., ect., ect.

I don't care what the scientists think. I know what an itch is! Would you like me to tell you a little of my glorious knowledge of what an itch is? Then read on.

There are nerves all over in your body. They feel things, then send messages to your brain. Such as, if you touch a hot stove, the nerves in your hands are screaming and hollering at your brain, and your brain says, "Eh? What's that? Oh? My hand's burnin' up? Well, tell those arm muscles to move that hand off the stove!" And you remove your hand, hollerin' with pain. (note: It isn't advised that you should try this. However, if you do, if your reaction rate is slower than 2 seconds, consult a doctor.)

Well, these nerves of yours have really touchy feelings...sometimes they get in fights with each other, causing an irritation that feels like an itch. Your brain immediately requests your hands to use their nails to break up the fight. Then you are relieved. Rational thought, however, can prevent you from scratching that itch because of etiquette. (Y'all know what I'm talking about...) This will cause you much misery until the fight finally breaks down.

And so, my friends, that is what an itch is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck holy cow. That was very interesting. I'm leaving my name anonymous because I don't want you to know that I, upon reading this aquisation you have aquired of "itches," have fallen madly in love with you. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. (And just because I quoted Jane Austen doesn't mean I'm a female.)
(Bow)

Moonlight writer said...

Interesting, but now you are making me itch, legs, arms, etc. Funny how that psychological thing happens, like when you see a show about spiders on TV, your skin starts to crawl. See my blog: The Constant Writer, or Higgly Piggly.

Moonlight writer said...

You also sound as though you get these same weird trains of thought as I do. Thus, reference to my own blogs. I rant, ponder, question, etc.