Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day

Thankfully, the dratted AP tests are over. No, I don't want to talk about it. Thank you very much for your concern, though.

I recently saw Mission impossible III. I have to admit, I went to the movie on a whim with some friends, and we didn't do any proper research. None of us had seen the first or second movie...Anyway, back to the movie. It blew me away! It was simply 7/8 just action, fighting, etc., and 1/8 of talking...or less...some of it was just staring, too. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Okay, and onto the main content. Mother's Day. I'd like to reflect on how wonderful my mom is. Sure, like everyone said, she brought me into the world, educated me, nourished me, etc. But to tell the absolute truth, she made me who I am today. (My dad did too, of course, but it's mother's day! I'll tell you how my father made me who I am on Father's day...) My mom helped me to be the person I am. She helped me to be the swimmer I am...she bribed me when I was young to work hard and swim, even in the mornings, by myself, then go to school. I have to admit I only did it at first for the money and the treats. But now that I'm older and somewhat wiser, I realize that those practices really did help me become a good swimmer. She has done that in so many ways, and not just in swimming. At first, I didn't want to do whatever she wanted me to do, but because she made me do it, even though I was bawling, I've built character, and become a better person.

Excuse me while I go give my mom a hug, and eat the dinner she's been preparing for us for the past two hours...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Mission Impossible 3 was good, you must admit. Even though we walked out of the theatre in a stoned-like gaze, it was good. A high of sorts. Heh, just kidding. I'm glad we went.

I love your mom. She's groovy. Tell her hello for me.