Friday, May 28, 2010

Microwaves

I love microwaves. They are very convenient, fast, and easy to use. One drawback for me? The annoying beeping sound every time you touch a button, or when it's done. Or impatient. I am grateful they don't know how to talk yet.

"attention! This lazy person doesn't want to make a real meal, so she's cooking crappy food in here!"

"hot-dog-2-minutes-go."

...(I leave the room to get some laundry folded)...

"HEY! I'M DONE! WOO-HOO! I'LL TAKE MY TIME TELLING YOU THAT!"

"ANYBODY THERE TO GET THE FOOD OUT?"

"THAT'S OKAY. I'LL KEEP BEEPING EVERY 30 SECONDS TO REMIND YOU."

"THIS HOT DOG IS TURNING COLD!"

"HEEEEYYYYY..."

"IT'S A SMALL WORLD--"

"Gaaaaah! Here, got the food, now be silent!"

"You forgot to shut the--"

"Door is shut! Now STOP BEEPING!"

Then his friend the dishwasher starts to sing...

1 comment:

Old Warrior said...

funny....
I think they should actually program the appliances to talk to us--with regional accents.
Microwave-New Jersey accent "Hey-whats wit you? I got dis dog done tirdy seconds ago? What's da hold up hea?"
Dishwasher--British accent. "Pardon me, but I do believe I have completed the quick wash cycle for this load. Perhaps you should have considered the "gentle" since there is expensive glassware in here.."