Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update

Well, nothing truly new is going on...last night I burned brownies and pizza, so I lived off of zucchuni bread Dad left me...

On Monday, I was walking to my class in the institute building, when I almost ran over a bunch of little midgets turning a corner. Embarrassed, I quickly made my way to the main area (between the East and West wings) and sat on a chair and hid behind a newspaper, all the while thinking, "Hey, one of those little kids looked really, really familiar." As I was racking my brain to figure out why, the familiar-looking-kid walked by with his little troupe surrounding him. He glanced at me and smiled and left the building. My slow brain finally made the connection: It was in fact, David Archuleta. Taking a class at Institute. Maybe.

Today he showed up again, so I guess he really is taking a class. Only he hid his little face in a scarf. Apparently he just got his wisdom teeth out (according to Twitter) and still looks like a chipmunk.

The only other thing that's new is that I'm helping an ESL class out at Evergreen Junior High (hey, that's where Emily works!). I was expecting a bunch of spanish-speaking students, but no, most of the students are refugees from the Middle East and Africa. They are actually a lot of fun to interact with and to teach. Some want to learn quickly, while others seem hesitant/shy/rebellious.

Anything else? Oh, I find I'm usually an excellent cook when it comes to crepes, omelettes, wraps, rice pudding, cereal, toast, oatmeal, desserts, and PB&J sandwiches. Anything else will come out black, burnt, and smoky. But I figure that's a good enough staple. What else does a college student wish for?

4 comments:

Old Warrior said...

A college student might wish for the opportunity to "bump" into Mr Archuleta and see how easily the young man looses his balance--just to see if he is still kind and nice. I bet he apologizes----if this were to happen.

mummy said...

Hope the smoke detector is still detached!

mama rhodes said...

Every college student wishes for food cooked by parents. I remeber longing for rolls, rice pudding, and chicken cordoun blue.

mad dog said...

I think you're pulling our legs about Archie. You're just trying to get our hopes up so you can dash them down and break our little hearts!!! Maybe you should sneakily get a picture of him.