Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Well, it has started all over again!

Yes, I'm busy busy busy again. And yet, somehow, I don't mind being crazily busy. I enjoy having almost no time to be lazy. I get more stuff done that way, I suppose. "Official" swim practice doesn't start til the 8th, but we've been practicing every day anyway without the coaches present. Some poor freshman yesterday only ate a granola bar and a sandwich for the entire day. Needless to say, she passed out during our dryland workout. We got a lecture from coach after that practice that we need to eat at least 4-6 meals everyday! I don't mind that rule. I love second breakfast.

Classes so far are going well. I'm supposedly officially a math education major. I'm taking three education classes, and two math classes. The education classes are all right. The only one I really like and feel is truly useful is my "Education Law Policy" class. It talks about the rights of teachers and students under the law, what protections the teachers have, etc. etc. etc. We have to compile a bunch of news articles about education and the law, and it's ridiculous how many people try to sue teachers for this or that. Some are legit, but many are not so much. For one of my other education classes, "Introduction to Multicultural Education" one of the requirements is to volunteer at a school and help out immigrants, refugees, whatnot to learn english, or with their homework. Emily and I have arranged that, so I'll be helping out at Evergreen a few times a week.

So, that will be my life this semester. Math, education, homework, swimming, and volunteering. No time for dating or any of that nonsense. Yay!!!

4 comments:

Old Warrior said...

And Nat is living on her own in grandma's basement--a nice basement, but she gets to fix her meals and take care of laundry, etc all by herself! Look at her growing up! I do miss the nightly talks and Battlestar, however....

Old Warrior said...

and, I like to have second breakfast not too long before my early lunch...

mama rhodes said...

Hmmm, I remember thinking the same thing before my juinor year in college as well--the whole too busy for wholesome social activities...

Letty said...

Good luck nat. It looks like you are heading into a great year!